Monday, December 15, 2014

If Only I Were an Elf

I love to knit. I love Christmas. I especially love these two things together. Every year I tell myself, "this is it. This is the year that everyone on the list gets something knitted". I have stopped saying "this is the year everyone gets exactly what I planned to knit for them". And every year, I find myself sort of  annoyed becuase I can't seem to get my crap together and have one perfect Christmas where everything is done exactly the way I want. But this year, I have decided to stop trying.

I don't mean that I'm going to stop trying to make it special, just not perfect. It won't be the end of the world if the gingerbread stars don't get baked, the knitting isn't finished and the house looks like a bomb went off. It will be okay.

I have decided to just enjoy the season as it happens. Here are a few things I've been enjoying:

Michael's first Christmas tree

Alex cutting down the tree

This was intended to be a Christmas present for Michael, but with at the rate he's growing, it may not fit by then...

Michael's first trip to the Grotto's Festival of Lights

The tree is trimmed, the presents are wrapped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment