Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me

Good morning my knitting (and non-knitting) friends! Today is my birthday; I won't tell you how old I am (partly because I stopped counting, and mostly because now that I have a child, I need to conserve my few remaining brain cells for more important information). Last night was lovely. When I came home from work, this is what greeted me at the door:

Michael bought me a birthday card :)

These are from my Uncle and Aunt- they really add a lovely spot of colour to our stoop.

Among the cards and gifts was the book Unbroken. It was on my wishlist, so this is very exciting. It has  been a lovely birthday and it's almost over. It's past eleven-o-clock at night and I'm finally able to finish this post (it was started sometime this afternoon), but each moment is being savored, like a piece of fine chocolate. My husband and son are snuggled up in the bed together and fast asleep, there is a bit of knitting on the needles for a dear friend of mine, and the promise of a new day is just around the corner. Until next time, goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment