Wednesday, August 5, 2015

He Will Be Missed

As I am typing this, the house is quiet. It is not completely silent, but peaceful ad calm. Michael is still curled up in his crib, little bum up in the air and tiny hands folded under his chin. Alex is also sleeping and the little fur ball Dorito is doing his morning survey of the place. I am enjoying this time. It is rare and precious to me.  Especially this morning.

In just a few hours our family will be at the cemetery to witness the military honors at my grandfather's funeral. He went home to The Lord last Thursday and there were many tears shed. It is heartbreaking having to say goodbye but we rest in the comforting knowledge that this goodbye is not forever. If you are interested, you can read his obituary here.


Pompa, there are a lot of things I want to share but right now, I'm going to keep them close to my heart.  I have many wonderful memories of you and will cherish them always. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment