Saturday, October 24, 2015

The First Year

Dear Michael,

Today marks a very special day in our family. This is your first birthday and there is much to celebrate. You came into this world a tiny baby with bright eyes and smiles. It's true, you started smiling at your daddy and me when you were just s few hours old. I didn't know that was possible. We swaddled you when you were cranky, gave you baths, nursed you through the night, and played with you until you finally fell asleep at the end of the day. This past year you have had 4 teeth come in, learned to walk, and learned how to say no fewer than 5 words. We are so proud of you already.

Today, Little Bright Eyes, we are going to celebrate your birthday with our family. We are going to have cake, and presents, and fun with the people that we hold most dear in our hearts. You are so loved, Michael Jefferson. Yesterday, when we took you to the pumpkin patch, and you climbed that big pyramid of hay with your daddy, I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed, becuase you are growing up so fast. It won't be long before you tell us "I can do it myself now". 

Sometimes I watch you sleep and I pray you could stay a baby for just a little longer so I can hold on to you for just a little while more. There are a lot of things I want to share here on this blog, but I think I'm just going to leave it here. I love you Michael. Happy First Birthday.

Love, Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment