Thursday, December 12, 2013

It Just Isn't Going to Happen

This morning, after a rough nigh and a slightly less irksome morning, I fell onto the bed next to Alex and made the announcement that I am going to cancel Christmas. There was little movement or response for a moment until he (very patiently) asked me what was wrong. I filled him in on my morning mishaps and eventually got to the part where the knitting is not done, the baking is not turning out, things are not going the way I think they should and I am overall stressed.

Frazzled, pooped, whatever you want to call, this Christmas I have decided to just kick back, take things as they come and make it as low key and low stress as possible. The baked goods will be modified and the knitted woolies I have been looking forward to gifting will just need to wait until next year. This is a season of love, comfort, joy and blessings. There has been some focus lost on this in my little part of the world and I am reminded of a speech made by one Linus van Pelt from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" where this young boy tells the Christmas story and the wonder of the birth of Christ- "and that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

Whatever Christmas means to each of us, we should not loose sight of what is important in life. By the end of night of December 25th, I will still have a happy wonderful family that will all be together and that's the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment