Saturday, September 28, 2013

Somewhere Elves Are Laughing

There are ten people on my list that I give Christmas gifts to each year. Each year, they all receive something knitted and some of them even receive two things (one in the stocking and one under the tree). This year however, I am only gifting one knitted goodie to each and then making some sort of baked item (I'm thinking my traditional gingerbread stars). You're probably thinking "that's great! Ten knits and there are THIS MANY DAYS left to knit them. You can do it!"

Somewhere up north, Santa's elves are laughing hysterically. You see, out of the ten darlings on my list, there are four pairs of socks, three pairs of mittens, and one set of five dishcloths. There is also one hat and one undecided item. Yes. All very simple items to stitch. One at a time. That means, double the knitting, and not really enough time to try and learn how to do things two-at-a-time.

This is how much of the Christmas knitting is actually done/in progress:

 
 
I must learn the ways of the Elves and how they manage to make things so quickly...

The WB has made some progress, but I'm going to wait to talk more about that. Happy knitting. It's very stormy out today so it's a good day to stay in and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment