Thursday, May 28, 2015

I'll Take It

These have been challenging days in the Daniecki home. This little dumpling has been awake at all hours of the night and up bright and early (this morning, it was 5am). 


I'm sure that I have mentioned a few times on this blog that motherhood is demanding and very exhausting. It's interesting, it's not at all what I had imagined it to be like. Neither is marriage. When I was a little girl I knew that I wanted to be a wife and a mother but I learned quickly that those two things are very different from the games of dress up, playing house, and walking the dollies that filled the time of the only three girls in our family when we were together.

I longed to be married and to have a child. I wanted to be the smiling wife that would cook delicious meals for her man and the charming mama that would dote upon her children and bake cookies for their little friends when they came over. Then it happened.

Fast-forward several years and here we are. My dreams have come true and I am indeed a wife and a mother, but not that stereotypical lady from the 1950s that has it all together. No, that is definately not me.

My hair is never coiffed (no time for the beauty parlor), the house never smells like cookies (instead, there is potpourri hidden in clever places to cover up the small of Michael's latest diaper blow-out), and Alex has come to accept that our usual dinner hour is around 11pm.

There are mountains of laundry (sometimes clean and just needing to be put away), the dishes are constantly piled up, and the cat, well, the cat has learned to fend for himself. 

But, despite the frazzled theme that is my life, I'll take it. I'll take it because it is by far the biggest blessing I have been given. It is a gift to have a child, a home together, and a man that understands and doesn't say anything when he has no clean socks and I burned dinner again because the baby needed some attention. I'll take it because it is mine.

Enjoy your day and enjoy the little video below- outside time is one of Michael's favorite things to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment