Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Does This Every Happen to You?

Today has been a good day. The dishes are washing, the laundary is done, dinner is semi-planned, and now it's time to knit. I have been working on this beautiful shawl pattern in a beautiful yarn and quite frankly, am very anxious to finish it. It has not been a difficult pattern, just a difficult knitter. I have tried this pattern many times before without success and I want very badly to create the final product. It has been ripped back, tinked, cursed out, cried over and re-knit so many times, it's a wonder the yarn is still workable.

My desire to finish the shawl without it looking like a total piece of crap is right up there with wanting to learn how to make a decent tuna casserole that won't make somebody sick. I really want it.

So, here I sit. Knitting, crying, and tinking becuase quite frankly, I have no idea how it's going to look when it's done. Things have been fudged a little to (hopefully) cover up the mistake that I know is hidden there (and I know that I am the only one that knows of it's existence), but still, it's frustrating. More so, it's frustrating that I'm crying over something that to the average, non-knitting souls would seem quite ridiculous. They are simply a group of people that will never be able to fully understand the perils of being a knitter.

On a lighter note, and possibly to make myself feel like I'm not at a total loss, there is a package under the tree that looks (and feels*) a lot like new yarn. I hope so...

*It is not considered snooping under the tree if one just so happens to be watering the conifer and just so happens to gently nudge a certain package with her hand while closely examining the wrapping paper to see that the husband did a proper job of covering all holes with tape. For the record, he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment