Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Later

Earlier I posted about a certain shawl that I really wanted to finish. However, the mistakes made were really messing the whole thing up and so, of course, it was (once again) ripped out and rolled back into a neat little ball. I was quite irritated that once again this damn pattern had kicked my butt and then the phone rang.

My mother phoned in an absolute panic inquiring of the whereabouts of my brother. When she had sort of calmed down I learned that there had been a shooting at the local mall and she was worried that he might be there doing his Christmas shopping. After a few minutes of phone calls and texts it was discovered that my brother was safe at home.

The knitting problems were very quickly reduced to the size of peas as I silently sent a prayer of thanks that my family was safe. This traumatic event that left three people dead (including the gunman) and others wounded and terrified reminded me (however painfully) that sometimes, my perspective needs a little adjusting to the world around me.

I will still knit, but as I watch the news reports, my prayers will be going out to the families and friends for those that were lost, wounded, or were simply a witness to what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment