Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Yesterday started with the best of intentions. I was going to get up early and knit the whole day. Instead, this is what happened:

6am: Got up early and went out for a lovely morning walk.

7am: showered, breakfast and dressed for public appearances (should I be going out later)

10am: By this time, the house work has had a good sized dent put in it. The laundry was done, the dishwasher was running, and things were getting tidied up. I took a look at the knitting and decided to stitch a bit.

12pm: The knitting has three rows of progress and the dishes need unloading. After the dishes were finished the kitchen was cleaned and the pantry reorganized.

1pm: I glance at the knitting again and decided that I will do some more on it after I run some errands.

3pm: Errands have been completed and the knitting is starting to get a little cranky. I had something to eat and then sat down for a few minutes to catch up on it. First, I empty out the bag of my recent purchases and what do I find? A set of DPN's purchased at a sale earlier this summer. I head straight for Ravelry and the stash to see what I might stitch up with them. Ignoring the glare from the knitting.

5pm: Hungry again and decided to run one more errand before Alex got home.

7pm: Finally plunk myself down on the couch and turn on the TV. There is nothing on so I pop in a movie and pick up the knitting. By this time I realize that soon it will be bedtime so I get to work.

9pm: I'm pooped. It's been a busy day but I can't go to bed without doing a few more rows. I climb into bed and spread out the WB. I knit for about 5 seconds before setting it aside to read a bit.

12am: Alex is home and I'm barely awake enough to kiss him and ask how his day was before falling back asleep. I do faintly recall however hearing a small voice from beside the bed, "you only have 10 days to finish..." but I may have just been imagining that. Knitting can't really talk, right?

Update: I still haven't done any knitting this morning or decided what to put on the needles I found last night. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment