Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Recovery

Today I had a very common operation performed; my adenoids were removed from my nose. They have been quite swollen for a long time and I had finally had enough. Now, I have two weeks off from work to recover and you know what that means- knit, knit, knit.

The sweater is looking great- the bottom ribbing is coming along well and I'm hoping to possibly start the sleeves tomorrow. We shall see- they have me on a delightful little pain pill that may yield some interesting results. Perhaps I should consider working on something where a bit of mangling could be fairly easily disguised, like my brother's birthday scarf (October 9)...

Because of where the surgery was done, everything from the chin up hurts; something akin to sticking my head in a vice and swallowing razor blades....Now, pardon me, it's time for another (ick) pill. I should note that there are a few things in this world that I truly dislike: shots and taking medicine are two of them.

Good night dear knitting buddies. I'll keep you all posted on the sweater :)

No comments:

Post a Comment