Monday, October 1, 2012

The First Day

I realize that according to the calendar, the first day of Fall has already arrived, but I just don't quite feel it entirely yet. The mornings and evenings are certainly cooler, and the pumpkins and seasonal squash are all over the farmers markets, and the leaves are starting to turn, but there is something that just seems to be missing. It's been lovely  having all this gorgeous sunshine into October, because I know that eventually, we will be spending the next 6 months (at least) with gray skies and rain boots. Not that I don't love the sunshine, but it's sort of difficult to hunker down with a bowl of homemade soup and some tea when it's still 72-degrees outside....

At any rate, welcome October. I love this month. Everything is starting to change and the colors of the trees are so inspiring that I could see myself wrapped in something cozy and knitted that reflect the shades of red, orange, gold and bronze that surround me. Maybe if I buy some wool in this sort of colorway and start knitting something, Fall will come a little sooner...Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go find the checkbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment