Saturday, November 24, 2012

Such a Waste

Some companies are nice enough to show that they appreciate their employees. There are even some that go so far as to bestow gifts such as food items.  This is my first year working at The Springs and I have discovered that they give each employee one Costco pie (their choice of apple or pumpkin). I do love pumpkin so that is what is now sitting in the refrigerator. There are only two of us and until tonight, there has only been 1/4 eaten. I got the pie last week and there is no way it's going to get finished before spoilage sets in.

So, when I came home tonight from work my dinner was another quarter of the pie with whipped cream piled high. They are really big pies so this was a giant piece. I just couldn't stand to see such a delightful goody go to waste. But, I still couldn't finish. 

This makes me think of knitting. I purchase the materials for a project that maybe is too much, but I don't care, because I just know that it's going to be a treat to stitch up. I then become overwhelmed with the whole shebang but still press forward because it's so good. I keep going until I'm sick and just can't finish.

The nice thing about knitting is that I can just rip out the yarn and start something less overwhelming. Eating doesn't work that way. I'm still left feeling guilty and having just gained a few more ounces...

No comments:

Post a Comment