Friday, November 23, 2012

The Morning After

Yesterday my family celebrated what we are thankful for in a very simple and quiet manner.

We made a trip to the grocery store to get ourselves some coffee (it was going to be a long day, and we needed fuel...) and lunch. Our family has had a lovely time the last couple of days. Andrew (my youngest brother) is home from Seattle until Sunday, and we have been catching up on his life. The rest of the family arrived a little later. 

Cousin Jeanne brought her famous snickerdoodles (and old family recipe), Grandma brought an applesauce mixed with quince (very yummy) and my mother baked the turkey and made the sweet potatoes.

It was terrific. When supper was through and we had finished dessert, we played a board game and had such a great time visiting. Here's a few pictures. 

This really has nothing to do with anything- but I got hungry before supper and this was how the banana peeled...see the heart?

This is the applesauce Grandmas brought.

And here's Grandma :)

One of my favorite things about family gatherings (especially at the holidays), is the sharing of old family recipes, memories, love, and enjoying each other's company. I'm looking forward to having children someday to pass down our past traditions and creating new ones. 

The one thing about Thanksgiving? Christmas is only one month away, and when I break that down into days (32) and weeks (about 4 1/2), I get a little twitchy; the knitting isn't quite done yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment