Monday, January 21, 2013

Finished!

My beautiful Birthday Sweater was cast off the needles this morning. The buttons have been chosen (they are not sparkly as planned, but that's okay), and the lovely mass of pink wool is now in the wash and will be blocked this evening. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

This was another day to have an adventure with my dear friend Barbara. We got the buttons and then I stumbled upon the most gorgeous turquoise acrylic/wool blend. It's so soft and lovely and affordable and (would you believe it?) I walked out with nothing more than my buttons. And a free hat pattern. And a skein of the same blend to knit that hat.

The turquoise will be bought another day to knit my sister a sweater. That just may be February's knit...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment