Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This Year It Will Happen

Every year, I tell myself that the Christmas presents will be done early and everyone will have a knitted treasure under the tree and in their stocking. It never happens that way, and I do not know why I feel like it will actually happen this year. Maybe it's because, my friends, this is the year 2013, and 13, although superstitious for some, is a favorite number of mine, so I consider it somewhat lucky.

I started making up a list of this year's Christmas gifts and the appropriate recipients. There are all but three with a knitted item next to their name. I have great faith that those three names (and the other seven), will indeed have something not only next to them on paper, but also under the tree and in their stockings.

This past year, it was only one item that wasn't finished in time, this time, that number will be zero. It's a personal challenge I have set for myself. The first one (a hat for our annual Christmas gift swap) is already halfway finished, and the second one (next month's project), was just ordered this morning.

Cheers and Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment