Thursday, July 18, 2013

Knitter's Progress

Good morning everyone! Today is supposed to be quite warm so the windows are open and the fans are going. Every effort is being made to keep our little nook nice and cool. In the knitting world, things are sort of the opposite. The items being stitched up are meant to keep people warm.

This is only the first sock of the pair (finished only in 5 days, a record for me. I need to know the secret for finishing a complete pair in that amount of time...)

This little delight (although I'm not crazy about the button bands) will be going to the wee nephew of my dear cousin Jeanne. I hope it fits because I promised it months ago and you know fast babies grow...
 
The WB and Naomi's Christmas sweater haven't grow much but they will be 100% done by their due dates. I hope. Probably. There's a very small chance that I may have a complete meltdown due to the many miles of garter stitch and blue cables...What are you all knitting today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that I'm not the only one thinking about Christmas knitting (and the very real possibility of not finishing on time). I'm jealous of how fast you knit the sock. Mine never takes less than seven days, even if I'm making socks for a little person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing with the socks is that the finishing time depends a lot on how well I can focus, how much I need to get done at home/work, and of course, how much the husband is pestering me to cook him dinner...I was really surprised myself how quickly I finished too. the second one has been started, but the leg isn't done quite yet. i'll post the patter I use sometime. it's very simple so it's great when a knitter needs a break from something challenging or simply just a distraction from something more pressing, like the dishes...

    ReplyDelete