Friday, July 5, 2013

It's Been Awhile...

Good morning all my knitting (and non-knitting) friends! It's a bit cool here in Portland this morning and quiet too. Yesterday there were all kinds of fireworks and celebration to honor what our forefathers fought so hard for. The day after a holiday seems so quiet and relaxed. It's nice.

This morning there is oatmeal on the stove and fresh berries and coconut to go with it. After breakfast I will get ready for the rest of my day. At some point there needs to be some knitting in between all that is scheduled for the day, and really, it should be something that was started a long time ago and really should be finished before the recipient has a little person of his own...

Speaking of little people, I made these for charity:


There will be more knitted up from odds and ends in the stash (leaving room for new yarn friends...) I am knitting these tiny socks for Pregnancy Resource Center. There is such a need for baby items, and especially socks and booties. They are very easy to make and do not require much time. If you are interested, here is the pattern that I am using. Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some seriously cute baby socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I started another pair in orange, but as with my other projects, they are not yet finished....

      Delete