Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Does Anybody Else Do This?

Last week, I ordered some new yarn from the good folks at Knit Picks. The estimated time of arrival of the package was scheduled for today. I have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of my new yarns. They are pretty and wooly, and will make delightful Christmas socks for my loved ones. I have all of my packages sent to my parent's home as it is a safer location to leave one out if need be, than in my own neighborhood.

I waited (impatiently and with another knitting project) in a location of the house that would allow me a good view of the mailman's route. Finally, I saw it. The mail truck was across the cul-de-sac and not moving. I thought to myself that perhaps he would walk the parcel over to the house. He did not. I waited a few minutes and then went to investigate. He was chatting with the neighbors; a lovely couple, and the wife a fellow knitter.

When the truck drove up to the mailbox I poked my head around the corner and asked the postie "is one of those for me?". he looked at me a moment and said yes. I bounded up to the truck and held out my anxious hands. My father was standing there watching and commented just how anxiously I had been waiting all afternoon for this very box to come.

Alas, I have new yarn and the first pair of Christmas socks has been started.

I saw this yarn on the Knit Picks website and decided that my knitting basket needed some more color. Then, the Yarn Harlot posted this and it was decided that I absolutely needed to knit my own pair.

I finished another pair of socks too. They are delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment