Sunday, May 19, 2013

Last Meal

As I read the title of this post, I think that maybe it should be known that I am not on death row. This "last meal" is not the very last on earth I will ever enjoy. It is however, the last of the fast food that I will ever eat. As much as I love the convenience of "fast food", I love my husband and my life even more. Today, I had a Whopper and fries from Burger King. I enjoyed it, but you know what, I really don't think I'm going to miss eating these things.

My health and my time with those that I love are far more important. Sure, I could cut back and just enjoy those things once in a while, but really, I have no discipline with food. It's one of my downfalls, and a big one. I'm working to change that though. I have several goals in mind, and I'm starting small. I'll get there.

Starting with the grocery shopping. There are more fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain items, and fewer junk food items that I'm keeping around. New recipes are popping up in the kitchen and I'm (really slowly) getting more physically active. The health problems I see around me are not what I want in my life and it's time to do something about it. Wish me luck. I will fall and get back up and keep going. I just have to remember why I'm fighting.

The one thing I'm not giving up? Chocolate. Dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment