Saturday, May 4, 2013

Why I Love Saturdays

I love Saturdays for a lot of reasons, bu mainly, it means that there are so many things to do. Everything is open (some places are open until late), people are out and about, and there's the Saturday Market downtown. Today was a day off before going back to work tomorrow, and I spent the vast majority of it with my neighbors, Deidre and Amanda downtown, exploring the market, eating, shopping, and just enjoying life. Amanda is new to town, from back east somewheres, so we took her out on the town to explore. She loved it!

We shared an elephant ear right off the bat

These treats are gigantic and covered in cinnamon sugar and served warm.

We took her to VooDoo Donut where she got some sort of mango delight (she claimed it was "interesting")

Then, (and this is how I know we will all be very good friends), we went to Knit Purl and found this lovely yarn...They were quite happy to support my quest for a knitting shop, and Deidre happened to know of this one...

After I got home, I wound the newly found treasures into balls. I purchased two Madeline Tosh in two different colorways for the mom and mother-in-law to receive for Mother's Day. There is a third, but I forget what it is. Some gorgeous blue sock yarn.

Yesterday was a great day too. It was just like today; beautiful weather and good company. I went out on an Urban Hike with my father-in-law. We walked around the Smyth and Bybee Lake area, Kelly Point Park, and I don't remember if there was someplace else or not. It was really a lot of fun. Next week we are going out to dig up some new plants.

Speaking of plants, I now have a variety of tomatoes, strawberries, and herbs in my garden. Let's go down the list: good company, new yarn, lovely weather, new yarn, fresh homegrown produce, new yarn. It's going to be a great summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment