Monday, June 10, 2013

I Simply Cannot Decide

The trip to Seattle is in exactly three days. The suitcase I packed, the snack bag has been filled, and the clothes that I will be travelling in are set out. But, despite having these things done in a perfectly orderly time frame, I have yet to decide for sure what knitting to take along. It has to be something simple that I don't need to think about. That leaves out Naomi's sweater (due in December).

There's that second mitten I started for a cousin (it's a pretty simple cable pattern and if it gets finished on the trip, that will be one project completely finished* and I will fee very accomplished).

There's my mother's Christmas gift that's maybe a quarter of the ways done, but it has a chart, and we will be in a car, and I don't like the idea of going back and forth between a chart and my knitting while in a moving vehicle.

Then, there's (one of) my new pairs of socks. It's still the first of the pair, but i'm at the gusset. that's a simple  small project that will be easy to tot around town. I put it with the suitcase.

And lastly, there's the WB. It's coming along nicely; the fourth color has been added, but it's due in November and there are still (many, many) miles of garter stitch. hmmm. It's a bit awkward for car driving, but when we are at rest stops and the hotel it would be okay...

I'll figure it out. Maybe. Who knows. I'm looking wistfully over at that pretty new sock yarn that I was originally going to take...I'll keep you all posted.

*The mittens were promised round about last Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment