Monday, February 11, 2013

Birthday!

Today is my 24th birthday. There is nothing very significant about this day; I'm one year older, and I still can't make a decent tuna casserole. But, the Birthday Sweater is finished, and this morning, I finally met someone else that shares my birthday. This is what I call a "birthday buddy". His name is Rilee, and he is one of my mother's kindergarten students.

Rilee is downright adorable and all he wants for his birthday is a younger brother. I talked to his mother today while we all shared cupcakes, and it doesn't sound like his wish will be granted anytime soon. I won't post his photo here, but I have been invited to have cupcakes again next year and to come visit anytime.

The day is not yet over, but my mother gave me a beautiful bouquet of daffodils (my very favorite flower), and I wore a special birthday crown to commemorate the occasion.


 
This is the wee sweater I have been creating out of the leftovers from the Birthday Sweater. What do you think? I'm really on a sweater kick right now and am seriously considering knitting one a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment