Thursday, February 21, 2013

Something New

Hello my friends! I know it has been some time before anything new has gone up on this blog, so here we go. Today, I finally did it. I got my hair cut. It's really quite cute and I will post pictures later, but it was really time. The long strands were clogging up the bathtub and getting everywhere. Alex gave strict orders that I was not to get a "boy hair cut". The end result is something of a layered, bobbish do, and absolutely perfect.

I'm also on a bread baking kick. This morning, I made Rosemary Olive Oil to go with the vegetable barley soup I made last night. Right now, I have a loaf of Cranberry Orange rising on the oven as the tea kettle is heating some water for a cup of my favorite Orange Spice tea.

I love days like this. The rain comes to water the earth, the house chores are getting caught up on and best of all, today Alex and I have a day off together! It doesn't happen often and when it does, we are usually in separate locations. But today, we are here, together and cozy in our little home. It isn't anything new, but it gives me comfort in knowing that I can curl up next to my husband while we each do something we enjoy; he plays his video games, and I knit.

We do these things separately, but together, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment