Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Good Day

As I'm writing this, the thought that somebody from the government is going to swoop in at any moment and snatch away my laptop is sort of at the front of my mind. You see, where I am currently living, there is no internet connection. At least, not in our space...I think I might be somehow connected to one of the neighboring Wi-Fi sources and I'm not really sure just what the rules on that are...Either way, I'm way excited that we have a connection!

Like most mornings, I was sitting on our little stoop, knitting away when a thought came to me. This is nearly the end of summer. According to the calendar, there are only 9 days left until the official end. I love autumn here in the Northwest (although to be fair, I have never experienced the season anywhere else...). I love the transition from warm, long summer nights into crisp, cool mornings where the morning dew transforms into tiny bits of frost on spiderwebs and leaves.

I especially love that this is delightful time to start making soup and knitting warm things :)

So, today I got a good head start. After waking up early, I peeled the apples to make homemade applesauce. After the mix went into the crockpot, it was time to prepare for the dinner meal. Ground turkey was browned up and added to fresh vegetables and herbs to top the spaghetti. I just made a pot of bean soup and now there is gingerbread in the oven.

The best part of today? My brother is coming over for one last meal before returning to Seattle to finish his schooling. And the knitting progress. The sweater is coming along quite nicely too...

No comments:

Post a Comment