Friday, September 7, 2012

I Will Conquer

Yesterday was Knot Club. The first Thursday of every month a delightful group of ladies from our church gather for tea, treats and of course, knitting. As I mentioned in my last posting, a box of yarn for a new sweater arrived on our stoop. With pattern, yarn, and appropriate tools I headed off to Knot Club. I should preface that before I left that evening, there were several attempts to start the sweater. They did not go well.

Once I arrived at my destination, there was a flock of knitters available to seek help from. Camilla, an experienced knitter, seemed to be a good choice. After several minutes of ripping, tinking, and frustration, Camilla and I decided that the pattern is poorly written which is what caused the initial delay on starting the sweater.

But! I have made good progress. I have finished the collar and I will conquer! Thank you to all the knitters last night for your patience and encouragement. The sweater is on a deadline. By October 19th (my husband's 24th birthday) the wool will be stitched with love into something that will be cherished for years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment