Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hidden Knitters

This afternoon, there have been movers downstairs. I have been passing by them as I go about my projects for the day, and just finished having a nice conversation with them. Just as I plunked myself down on the stairs to chat on their lunch break, one of them remarked, "wow, she even knits!". I stared for a moment and responded (in great shock), that I was very impressed he knew what it was. Then his partner mover joined in, "do you do European or German knitting?" I almost fell off my step and hopped up to show them how I knit.

I know men knit. I know that many are not embarrassed or ashamed to admit it. But this was the very first time I have ever met a male knitter. We chatted for a few minutes about where they learned, how knitting came into being, and the different knitting circles they have been a part of. They know crocheting too, and the difference between the two! I resisted the urge to run back up the stairs to get the cabled hoodie I'm working on right now. Instead, I asked them if they would mind my taking their picture for my blog to mark the occassion. 


Left: Duane
Right: David

You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment