Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mornings

I am not a morning person. Getting up early (before 8am) doesn't appeal to me. This morning, however, I woke up, and couldn't get back to sleep. So, rolling out of bed, I started about my day. I set about my day baking banana bread and cookies to share with the neighbors and friends. I sipped on some tea while listening to an audio book and working on a sock*.

The window is open and letting in the fresh morning air. It feels so good; the smell of springtime flowing into our home and filling each corner with newly fallen rain and everything green, mixing with the smells coming from the kitchen. It makes me glad to rise early in the mornings. I have some quiet time; before Alex gets up and starts his day. It's peaceful and joyful and I love it.

*The audio book is Knit Two by Kate Jacobs. It is a Friday Night Knitting Club novel, which I have come to enjoy. The socks are an ordered pair for a friend of my mother's.

No comments:

Post a Comment