Monday, April 1, 2013

Pretending

There comes a time in every knitter's life when the yarn budget must be trimmed down. Sometimes, this means that instead of buying the really nice, soft wool blends, it means buying cheap acrylic and pretending that it's really a handspun from a local vendor. That's just what I am doing now with this little number.


The yarn was some that was donated at the charity knitting group I participate in, so it was exciting to bring home something free. The color is really quite nice, a cream color with flecks of brown, black and grey. It is 100% acrylic and itchier than some of the pure wools I have come across.

The needles that I am using are bamboo and makes the yarn sort of stick to the needles. But, at this stage in the game, the sweater is nearly done, and I'm too lazy to switch to different needles. It was free, and I like the color, and there isn't much money in the yarn budget for the really nice stuff. So...I am pretending that this was a nice handspun wool that I bought from some kind sheep farmer out the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment