Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Some Sadness and Some Gladness

Last night, something very sad happened in my little knitting world. I was searching through all of my supplies to find my size #4 Harmony Wood needles from Knitpicks. These are really the best needles I have ever owned and the set I have are interchangeable with any length of cable I need.

I found the appropriate cable and commenced to adding the needles. As I twisting them on, one of those beautiful needles snapped like a toothpick. Staring and swearing for a moment I almost couldn't believe what had just happened. I quickly composed myself and put them aside, deciding I would use an aluminum set of needles instead.

On  a lighter note, I finished the baby sweater for Alex's coworker. I washed it again and added some extra fabric softener to the dryer, but it still just feels scratchy, despite smelling fresh and clean. I plan to give her this small gift to keep her baby warm, hoping that she won't mind my nutty, perfectionist attitude I take on with all my projects.



I really have grown quite fond of these little wooden buttons...I sewed them on in my car when I got to work yesterday. I was listening to a really good audio book about President John Adams and his family, and it was rather difficult to pull away...

No comments:

Post a Comment